Helpful herbs and vegetables to combat Diabetes…
Note: many of these herbals can be found in your local health foods store; and you can also find a variety of these at your local GNC stores, (General Nutrition Center).
- Bitter Gourd (Karela): Bitter gourd Momordica-charantia or bitter melon juice is found to be very effective for diabetes. It contains plant insulin and should be taken 2 ounce 2 times daily on an empty stomach. It can be cooked as any vegetable and eaten. Or the bitter melon powder can be made by drying. Take bitter gourd powder I teaspoon daily in empty stomach.
- Taking half a teaspoon of cinnamon a day may help prevent the onset of diabetes. Even soaking a cinnamon sticks in your tea, could also benefit non-diabetics who have blood sugar problem but are unaware of it.
- 3. 30 gram fenugreek seeds can be soaked in a glass of water at night and after 12 hours take it and grind it into a paste with the soaked water and drink it on a empty stomach. Or 2 teaspoon if powdered seeds can be taken with water or milk. Or you can add fenugreek into anything you cook.
- Eating upto 3 grapefruits a day has also been helpful.
- 1 tablespoon of amla (Emblica officinalis) after removing the seeds extract the juice and mix with a cup of bitter gourd juice and take daily for 2 months in a empty stomach.
- Gymnema Sylvestre a traditional ayurvedic herb the leaf of which is to be taken up to 4 grams per day.
- Indian blackberry seeds or Jamun seed powder (scientific name of Jamun is Eugenia jambolana or Syzygium cumini L and) is very good for diabetes. Take 1/4th teaspoon with 1 teasoon honey for 50 days.
- Eating freshly crushed raw garlic 3-4 grams a day lowers blood sugar. You can wash it down with a glass of water.
9. Neem seeds daily 2 times a pinch. Taking a gram of neem leaf daily helps in diabetes.
10. Bael (Aegle marmelos): The leave of the bael tree when chewed are very useful in diabetes. Pulp of this fruit could be dried and taken in doses of 5 to 10 gms a day.
11. A pinch of pure turmeric powders mixed in amla juice (Indian goose berry) daily on an empty stomach.
12. Use of turmeric and gooseberry in equal quantities in power form taken with warm water is very useful. These activate the pancreatic cells to help produce more insulin.
13. Wild jeerakam cumin seeds black colored 60 gm in 1 liter of water and boil to reduce it to 1/4th liter and take half by dividing it into two equal parts and drink one part in the morning and one in the evening.
14. Grind (Bacopa Monnier Bhrahmi) and add a teaspoon of ti to milk and drink.
Ten Foods and Herbs That Will Help You Beat Diabetes
(This is what I did to remove Raymond’s Diagnosis of Diabetes)
Pumpkin Soup, Ital Stew, and Oats Porridge with Cinnamon all have the properties that can help to control and even beat the epidemic of Diabetes according many natural cures specialists. But before you begin to excite your taste buds with these foods, it would be wise to first get rid of the foods that contribute to diabetes. This may be hard for you, but you’ve got to immediately clear your pantry and refrigerator of sodas, high fructose juices and snacks, sugar, white rice, white flour, white bread and pasta etc.
The foods mentioned flood your blood stream with an unprecedented amount of sugar. This rapid flood of sugar puts a lot of strain on your pancreas – the maker of insulin that removes sugar from the blood stream. If you do not control this flood of sugar via your diet, the pancreas will eventually short circuit and produce less or even stop secreting insulin. The Western Diet is one that is heavily saturated with sugars, bleached flours, and carbohydrates; no wonder the pancreas get confused and thinks it needs to stop producing insulin.
Once you have cleared your pantry of those life threatening foods; start to incorporate a regular exercise routine. Exercising, coupled with a low sugar, low carbohydrate diet will help you to lose the extra weight which helps the body to regulate insulin needs. Also, by eating the foods listed below you can actually help prevent, control, or even beat diabetes the natural way:
Research conducted on pumpkin shows that it contains compounds that help to prevent the destruction of and regeneration of damaged pancreatic cells. As a result, pumpkin also helps to increase insulin levels in the blood. The protective effect of pumpkin is thought to be due to both antioxidants and molecules that mediate insulin activity.
An ital stew made with peas, okra, pumpkin, carrots, cho cho and stewed down with coconut milk and served with brown rice provides fiber, mucilage and a wide variety of nutrients that will slow sugar absorption into the blood stream and regulate insulin response.
Cherries, Cinnamon and Buckwheat
Researches have identified antioxidants, beneficial compounds and fiber cherries, cinnamons and buckwheat respectively that can help to lower blood sugar levels. Cherries contain a group of antioxidants that help increase insulin production, and up to half a teaspoon of cinnamon powder on food for forty day show blood sugar lowering capabilities.
Five cups of black or green tea per day research says could significantly reduce cataract formation. Black, green and oolong teas could also increase insulin activity. Add lemon and please, no sugar!
It is believed that coconut oil puts less of a demand on the enzyme production of the pancreas. This lessens the stress on the pancreas during mealtime when insulin is produced most heavily, thus allowing the organ to function more efficiently. According to the Journal of the Indian Medical Association, coconut oil in the diet enhances insulin action and improves binding affinity compared to other oils.
Researchers at St. Michael’s Hospital and the University of Toronto have found that taking American ginseng before a meal reduces blood sugar in people both with and without diabetes
This is a long time tradition remedy for diabetes. Boil 1 ounce logwood chips in a pint of distilled water for 10 minutes. Add 2 teaspoon near end. Drink 1-2 ounces daily.
So there is your list of natural remedies which you can utilize to overcome your diabetic condition.
Diet is an important factor for maintaining a healthy body…So follow your doctor’s diet instructions as well. I eliminated fast foods, sugars, bleached flours, and significantly reduced the amount of carbohydrates that my son consumed. Just doing that caused him to loose 12 lbs of stored fat from his body and helped to balance out his insulin levels so that after implementing the diet and adding some of the holistic remedies listed above; after two months of following a diet and supplement intervention plan, my son’s next blood work-up came back with normal insulin levels.
That is when life gets exhilarating….when you are no longer helpless, but you become an over-comer of seemingly hopeless health issues.
Thank you, TheUndefeatedLife